Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Golden Goddess!



It seems that lately Gold has been seen a lot more from the runway to costume jewelry seen at the stores at the mall.  A few years ago I would have said that gold looks gaudy or ghetto, but these days I do love the gold trend.  I personally think gold looks great on blonds or brunettes with darker skin.  I personally prefer to wear gold when I am tan.  Try pairing a pair of gold shorts with a neutral shirt and gold jewelry.  I also love gold jewelry with a black or yellow dress, it really complements it well.  Gold pumps paired with denim looks super chic as well. 
            I still think that it is important to be careful with this trend. If you choose gold jewelry that is too yellow-gold it can appear to look cheap and fake.  This is what I think of when I hear the term ghetto gold.  Most of us don’t have bank accounts big enough to afford us real 24k jewelry yet, but we still don’t want it to look fake from a mile away.  When wearing a gold dress, skirt, shorts, or blouse try to avoid gold shoes and or handbag, it’s too matchy matchy.  If your going with the gold jewelry wear a statement necklace but skip the doorknocker earrings and vise versa, it can be too much bling around your face.  Also think long and hard about this trend and if you think its right with your skin tone and wardrobe and won’t look dated in a few years before making big purchases in gold.  For example $400 designer sunglasses, yes this will look awesome this summer but how will you feel next summer.  This also applies for when choosing an engagement or wedding ring, you have to choose what is timeless and classic.  I don’t recommend choosing something that will be in style for a season or two.  Even Rachel Zoe who has been rocking the gold trend for years has a platinum engagement and wedding ring.  But with all trends have fun with it!
These watches remind me of what I call blinged out ghetto gold.  This trashy not trendy!

No comments:

Post a Comment