Thursday, August 30, 2012

Colored Denim Cool or Old Skool?



Forget "Fifty Shades of Grey” this summer and fall it’s all about “Fifty Shades of Denim”.  Jeans aren’t just blue anymore.  Neon and pastel colors were great for summer and this fall jewel tone denim is right on trend.  Trends in denim are hard because they may not last and I don’t believe in putting a lot of money into something that will only last a season.  After all colored denim was cool in the 80’s, but it didn’t withstand the test of time, maybe this time around it will stick.  If you are going to try this trend I suggest choosing a color that can be worn into the next season.  For example a salmon pink jean was a great color for summer and can be worn through September and possibly into October depending on how warm it is.  For instance I probably wouldn’t wear a neon yellow jean after Labor Day.  For fall I love the deep jewel tone denim of deep blue, teal, and burgundy.   A jewel tone blue or teal jean could be worn from September through March.  The burgundy reminds me that it is more appropriate for the holiday season, but I still like it.  I just wouldn’t spend a fortune on it.  I highly recommend wearing the appropriate color jean for the season.  It just looks trashy to wear a neon jean that is meant for summer when it is snowing.  Overall I think this is a cool trend for back to school!

           

No comments:

Post a Comment