Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fur Real Fab or Fur Real Bad?!?

Kim K Loves to Wear Real Mink!

Rachel Zoe in Faux Fur Vest!!!!!!    

Fur has been a popular trend the past couple fall and winter seasons.  This is definitely a controversial trend as well with groups like PETA protesting that wearing fur contributes to animal cruelty.  The there is the big debate on whether animals should be subject to the same rights as humans.  I certainly don’t like to think about an animal out of a Disney enchanted forest or one of Winnie the Pooh’s buddies from the Hundred Acre Forest being tortured so some fashionista princess can where their gorgeous fur coats.   But lets me real animals don’t come from the enchanted forest; they don’t have personalities or any other human characteristics for that matter.  Does this make it ok to kill them?  As a girl who loves fashion I am personally ok with fur.  It’s beautiful and it makes beautiful coats, vests, hats, and stoles.  If you don’t believe me check out one of J. Mendel’s runway shows, it may change your mind about fur.  One of my ultimate fashion fantasies and who am I kidding one of my ultimate party fantasies, is to go to one of those Russian vodka rooms, where the temperature is below freezing (to really taste the vodka) and you must where a beautiful mink coat and hat.  If you’re not comfortable wearing real fur or cannot afford it (real fur can be very expensive, especially mink or fox) faux fur is a great option.  I normally go this route; I don’t see the point in spending the money on the real thing when the fake is sometimes just as nice (looking and nice to the animals).  But don’t get me wrong if I was given a fabulous mink coat or fox stole, I would certainly wear it without flinching.  Celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe has made the faux fur fest very fashionable and popular.  They are usually priced around $100 to start and go up in price dependent on the quality and brand.  I love a fur vest, you can dress it up, dress it down, wear it with jeans and a tee, or jeans or dress pants and a cute blouse.  The faux fur vest is very versatile and is a great option for when the weather is chilly, but not cold enough for a coat.  This fall and winter the fur stole is going to be one of the hottest accessories, but it’s your decision if it will be fur real or faux.   
J. Mendel Fur! 



No comments:

Post a Comment